Saturday, July 18, 2009


Butler Hendrix now lives in Haskell, OK, with his spouse Jean. Butler was originally in the LHS class of 1958. However, he was injured in the 1957 collapse of the skating rink roof, and he dropped back to the class of 1959. He did not finish with us, and I don't remember why. The Highlanders from 57 through 59 show no photos of Butler; however, the 58 Highlander has his name, with no page reference, in the index. Butler told me that he was in the hot-rod club with Dennis Fontaine, who became a multi-millionaire from his holdings in Discount Auto Parts, and then he died six months later of cancer.

Butler mentioned a brother, Jimmy Hendrix, who
before graduation, joined the Air Force with a friend under the Buddy Program.  I sort of remember the name, Jimmy Hendrix, but I have no face to go with the name.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that night. I was supposed to be there but the storm kept me away. Butler was injured because he went back in to help get people out. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

What profile should I use when commenting? If you have a Google, LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad, AIM or OpenID profile, you may use it as your profile. If you have none of these profiles, you may use Anonymous or Name/URL. If you use Anonymous, you will have to identify yourself in the text. If you have a website you'd like to publicize, use your name and the URL of your website.