Monday, November 15, 2010

Coach Earl Stokes Passes Away

We must sadly announce that Coach Earl Stokes has passed away.  Most of us did know him as, "Coach."  About six or seven years ago, Annette and I unexpectedly ran into Coach and Mrs. Stokes (Elaine) in the Cracker Barrel in Dublin, Georgia.  I called out across the lobby, "Coach!"  When we approached each other, he said, "I want to thank you for calling me Coach."  He knew from my greeting that he had, in the past, touched my life in a positive and unforgettable way.

Coach and Mrs Stokes have attended several of our pentannual  reunions, including the 50th.  You will find his obituary at Obituary - Coach Earl Stokes.

Allan & Annette Davis 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What profile should I use when commenting? If you have a Google, LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad, AIM or OpenID profile, you may use it as your profile. If you have none of these profiles, you may use Anonymous or Name/URL. If you use Anonymous, you will have to identify yourself in the text. If you have a website you'd like to publicize, use your name and the URL of your website.